How to perform D-Link Dap 1520 Set-up Process?
Are you looking for the Whole process of D-Link DAP 1520 Set-up?
You are at the right page; here you can find the Whole process for D-Link Dap 1520 Set-up.
First little bit read about the D-Link Dap 1520 Extender. Generally, the D-Link is the One of the top-selling networking devices. D-Link Wi-Fi Dual Band Range Extender DAP-1520 is also known for considerably increasing the wireless signal of your router. It means, whenever you found that there is a lack of signal strength on your router then, you can perform the D-Link DAP-1520 setup process. You can connect D-Link to host of wireless-enabled devices such as laptop, Wi-Fi-enabled desktop or smart devices connect to the router and surf the internet wirelessly.
Go through the Whole Post and get the easy solution for D—Link DAP 1520 Set-up Process.
First you must read about the Keu features of D-Link Dap 1520 Extender.
Key features of D-Link dap-1520
Here are the steps:
- The first and foremost high-speed wireless connectivity for your devices is given to you by Wireless AC
- There is WPA2/WPA wireless encryption that would be keep your wireless connection more secure
- Next, one-piece wall plug design is compact, portable, and does not need any additional power cables
- For the mobile devices, the built-in setup wizard and QRS guide you through the installation
- For the more secure setup process, just simple press of a button Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Next, a wireless 802.11n/g/b/a gives you backward compatibility
- Ensure that the wireless speeds of up to 750 Mbps
- The dual-band connectivity for greater elasticity and reduced interference
These are key feature of D-Link Dap 1520, because of these features the D-Link is more liked by the people and mostly user is happy with this speed and flexibility.
But before moving further direct to the set-up process, first you should read about the requirements.
Requirements for D Link DAP 1520 Setup
Before we start with the D-Link DAP-1520 setup, you must check that the availability of the following requirements:
- Wireless router with the readily setup wireless network
- Make sure the router has a WPS button so that you can set up the extender easily
- Computer or smartphone to set up the Extender
- For the app setup process, you will need a mobile phone
- Wi-Fi details such as the SSID and the wireless network passphrase
Keep in your mind these requirements and always thing about them first before starting the Set-up Process. The first and foremost you should collects these things after that you are eligible to do Set-up Process.
Let’s start the Process without any delay!!!
Let’s start immediately Set-up Process for D-Link 1520
Configuration of D link Dap-1520 using a Web Browser
Steps are as follows:
- Run the Set-up wizard
- Update the extender firmware
- You have to change wireless and network setting as well
Perform D-Link Dap 1520 Set-up Process
After aware of the requirements for performing the D-Link DAP 1520 set-up, explore the below steps to set-up D-Link extender.
- First, plug the power adapter of the device into an electrical socket and turn on the device.
- Make sure that, after plugin device will be turned on.
- After that, open the wireless utility on your computer or any Wi-Fi-enabled device.
- Now, select the SSID (the Wi-Fi network name) and enter the “password”.
- Now, open a web browser.
- Type http://dlinkap.local./ into the address bar and press Enter key. In case you can’t fetch admin page of D-Link extender then, you can enter the IP address into the address bar and press “Enter”.
- On the next page will prompt you to enter the device’s “username” and “password”. You will get these login credentials in the device’s user manual.
- After entering the all login details, click on Login.
Important– Once you have successfully connect to D-Link DAP 1520 with the existing router, it will be assigned with a new IP address. The assigned IP Address is based on your wireless network or your Network DHCP. First, you will need to Login D-Link Extender after that view the DHCP table and able to see what IP Address was assigned to D-Link DAP 1520.
After setting-up D-Link, now you have to perform- how to update the D-Link DAP 1520 Firmware?
Steps to update D-Link DAP 1520 Firmware
While using DAP 1520 Extender serves an excellence way to enhance the range of your wireless network. Update the firmware is very important for smooth functioning of the device.
Actually, firmware eliminates the risk of encountering glitches. Here are the steps to update D-Link DAP-1520 firmware:
- The First and Foremost open a web browser on your computer and enter the URL http://dlinkap.local into the address bar.
- Second, enter the admin password in the essential field. In case you changed this password, enter that password that you have created, else leave it blank and click on Login button.
- At the top of your page, click on “Management” and then on Upgrade from the drop-down menu.
Update the firmware manually by selecting the firmware file that you have downloaded earlier. Once you have uploaded the file, the device will automatically complete the firmware update the firmware.
Might be encounter an issue on D-Link Extender, to resolve such issues, you need to perform D Link DAP 1520 reset.
Reset D-Link DAP 15220
Here are the steps:
- First, locate the reset button of the D-Link DAP-1520 Range Extender.
- After that, insert and press and hold the reset button for about six seconds with the help of paper clip.
- Now, you will notice that the range extender restarts and the device configuration are set to the factory default settings.
After doing the reset process, it helps in resolving the D-Link DAP 1520 flashing orange issue. After the reset, you will notice that the device is functioning smoothly.
By implementing these steps, you can successfully Setup D-Link Extender DAP 1520.