Do you have Red-light issue on D-Link extender?
Your D-Link extender is blinking red light and Not Connecting to Your Wireless Router?
If Answer is yes of any of two question above. Then, you are on right place.
If your D-Link Wi-Fi extender is showing blinking red light, it means that extender is not connected to the host network.
We will reveal here solution of Red light issue on D-Link extender; just Go through the steps mentioned in the post. The steps are well-tested and proved by the experts. Read the whole tested steps and resolve your issue by own.
Indication on D-Link extender
Basically, Red light issue on D-Link extender could indicate that the network issues with D-Link route’s detected internet connection through modem.
The solid red light produced on the D-Link extender shows blinking patterns which could rise depending upon the error across your D-Link.
Sometimes, the red power light on D-Link extender blinking red light would indicate some kind of technical network glitch faced by the router.
After understanding the indicates of red light issue-read the reason.
Causes of Blinking Red light issue on D-Link Extender
There are various possible reasons for experiencing red light issue on your D-Link extender; let us discuss below:
- The solid red LED light status on D-Link indicates the most common reason which is the internet network issue across the D-Link extender.
- The main reason could be that the ethernet cable or fiber cable is broken and requires replacement.
- D-Link extender might be facing issues and needs running of system diagnostic processes.
- Red light on D-Link extender is the some kind of issue in the internet connectivity from the internet service provider’s end.
- Make sure that the ethernet cable must have not been plugged properly into the WAN port of your D-Link router connecting it to the modem or the Ethernet might be damaged.
After reading these above high tech reason let’s read the basic reasons. Sometime the error occurs due to simple and just basic reason. You need must to know about the basic reason behind the error.
Read the below steps and try to understand:
- First you need to check the Ethernet cable connections
- Confirm that, malware and antiviruses software disables
- Network interference is the reasons of error
- Due to device overheating is the reason of red light issue
- Check out the D-Link Extender Login credential
- This error occur due to outdated firmware and drivers
- Internet connection is not stable
- Ensure that Ethernet cable is not damaged
Let’s start the solution
Troubleshooting steps for Red Light Issue On D-Link Extender
Do the below steps:
- First you should try to reboot the D-Link extender.
- Try to log in to the D-Link router using the default web address dlinkrouter.local or default IP gateway 192.168.0.1.
if the network connectivity issue causing red light issue on D-light extender occur from back end then, try to call your internet service provider. if you confirm that the issue occur from back end them call to your internet service provider and ask for the way to troubleshoot solid red light D-Link extender from the ISP.
- Next, follow the Power cycling of your D-Link extender as well as your computer being used for accessing your D-Link Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure that there are absolutely no loose wired connections that might be causing red light on D-Link extender.
- Check if both the Ethernet cables are correctly plugged into the respective WAN and LAN ports.
- If there is no problem with the cables and wires connection then, turn OFF of your D-Link extender and disconnect each one of them and then reconnect and perform the D-Link extender setup process all over again.
- In last, reset the D-Link extender to resolve the issue as t is the ultimate and best solution.
While Resolving Red light issue on D-Link Extender Stopped working then, read guide ” My D-Link Extender Not Working” and get the solution!
If you don’t know how to factory reset D-Link extender. Here we explain the below steps to reset D-Link extender.
Factory Reset D-Link Extender
Steps are as follows:
- Confirm that, your D-Link range extender is powered on.
- Now, turn your D-Link range extender and look out the RESET button on D-Link extender, you can find the button on the bottom of D-Link extender.
- Next, by Using the paper clip or similar object, press and hold down the RESET button at least 10 seconds.
- By doing above steps, your range extender will begin to reboot and will perform a full factory reset.
- After that, try to D-Link Extender login
Check that, the issue has been resolved. In case, issue is not resolved by doing the above steps then, without any pause move ahead for advance troubleshooting steps.
Advanced Troubleshooting steps- Red Light Issue on D-Link Extender
Read the below steps carefully and do the same:
- The first and foremost, open the web browser on your system and enter the default IP Address of router into the Address bar.
- If you can’t find IP then to locate the IP address of the router, move to the “Start “menu and type “Command prompt”.
- Further, right-click on the “Command Prompt” option and select “Run as administrator” option.
- Now, enter the “ipconfig” in the “Command Prompt” window and click on the “Enter” key.
- After doing these steps, you can find out the IP address of the router in the Default gateway section.
- Enter the IP into address bar, on the next screen prompt to enter Login credential, Log in D-Link extender by using the correct login credentials to access the D-Link router’s page. If you don’t know username and password then, you can use default username and password that is “admin” and try D-Link Extender Setup and login.
- After Login, select the “Setup” tab and click on the “Internet Setup”.
- Furthermore, select the “edit” option to change the router settings.
- Choose the “Service Category” as UBR with PCR.
- You can select any options rather than CBR. Then, click on the “Apply” option.
- If the red light issue persists, then without any delay reset the D-Link extender.
- To reset the D-Link extender, Read the above mentioned steps. (Factory Reset D-Link extender)
After doing these, the red light blinking issue on the D-Link extender will be definitely fixed.
For the More troubleshooting guide on D-Link extender click on below links: