Are you looking for complete solution for Dlink.local Setup?
This post is for you, Move ahead through the post and Read the Setup process of D-Link Extender.
Extender is a device that extends your Wi-Fi range. Basically, D-Link works with your current wireless router to improve Wi-Fi coverage and performance in your home.
Before moving to the Setup Process first you need to focus on important instructions for Setup D-link Extender
Things to do before moving Dlinkap.local Setup Process
Here are the instructions that you should keep in your mind before moving towards to Setup Process for Dlink Extender.
- First, you need to check that your system is connected to a stable internet connection or not. If you are not connected with stable network, then disconnect your computer from the internet. Try to connect again with stable internet after that continue with further instructions that we discussed below.
- Now, place your D-link Wi-Fi extender and the router very close to each other
- Make sure that, power is on your Wi-Fi extender.
- After powering on wait till some times because it takes maximum to maximum 20 minutes for the Wi-Fi extender to boot up.
- Once the D-link Wi-Fi extender boots up, instantly the Power light will become steady green, and the too close & too far lights will start flashing in red.
- After that, you are eligible to connect your computer to the Wi-Fi extender using the Wireless or Wired method.
- Now, connect your D-Link Extender via wired or wireless method.
Let’s start the Setup Process of D-Link Extender
There are two methods for Setup D-link Extender. You can setup via WPS or Web browser. Choice is yours we are mentioned below both methods. According to your requirements you can D-Link Extender Setup.
Dlinkap.local Setup via WPS
Focus on below steps to D-Link Extender set-up via WPS:
- Place your D-Link extender in the same room as your existing router.
- Now, Plug-in the d-link extender through the power source.
- Wait until one minute after that press the WPS button on the Wi-Fi router.
- Next, wait for a while for LED light to turn green.
- When the connection is recognized completely after that D-Link extender and the router, the LED spontaneously will turn solid green.
- Last, unplug your D-Link extender and place it in the desired place.
Process to Setup D-Link Extender via Web browser
Here are the steps to Setup D0-link extender with the help of D-Link Extender:
- First, you need to connect the D-Link range extender to the Computer with an Ethernet cable.
- Open the wireless utility on your computer.
- Select the name of your D-Link network and enter the password.
- Open a web browser and enter default web address dlinkap.local of the D-Link extender. As well as you can also use the IP address i.e. http://192.168.0.50.
- Now, a login page appears then, enter the d-linkap.local login default credentials. Click on ‘Login’ button.
- After login, you can automatically redirect to the configuration page, click on the ‘Setup’ tab.
- Open the d-link Wi-Fi extender setup wizard and follow onscreen instructions
- Now, configure the wireless and security settings.
- In last, click on ‘Finish’ button to complete D-Link Extender Set-up process.
Most probably, by doing these above steps, you can successfully D-Link Extender Set-up.