D-Link DAP 1320 Extender Complete Set-up Process!!
Before moving to further process first understand about D-Link DAP 1320 extender. D-Link extender helps to increase your current wireless system coverage by setting up the Wireless Range Extender in the middle of your router and the remote customer device.
Generally, the DAP 1320 is best networking device such as you can easily perform the D-Link dap 1320 setup and easily sign into your D-Link dap 1320 login page.
Without wasting time, let’s start the login and set-up D-Link Extender
Things to keep in mind before moving to Set-up process of D-Link Dap 1320 Extender
- May be your D-Link extender must be set to the default setting, if they are not, then first push the reset button to factory reset the routers.
- Try to Maintain or establish link between your D-Link extender and your PC, either wireless or with the help of an Ethernet cable.
If you are bought a new D-Link extender then, the first steps is configuring your D-Link Dap1320 Extender.
Steps to Configure D-Link DAP 1320 Extender
Here are the steps:
- The first and foremost, place D-Link 1320 Wi-Fi extender device and modem device near to each other. Confirm that where you are placing your D-Link extender must have active power source. If you are unable to provide accurate power supply to your D-Link extender device, this will generate problems for WPS settings.
- Second, hold or press the WPS button from router device. Remember that dlink1320 extender device is universally recognized extender device that means you can use there DAP 1320 extender devices for any router and modem device.
- After doing these, you can press WPS button from your D-Link extender.
- This is all you need to do for configuring your DAP1320 Wi-Fi extender device. Now, your device added to your network then, connect your entire computer to a new SSID or network name. You must keep network name of your D-Link Wi-Fi extender device different from router device.
After configuring your D-Link extender after that you are eligible to set-up and login your D-Link extender DAP 1320.
Login D-Link DAP 1320 Extender
Here are the steps to login D-Link Wi-Fi extender DAP 1320:
- First, open your web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera or any other browser
- Second, type 192.168.0.50 (the default IP to access the admin interface) into the address bar of your internet browser to access the router’s web-based user interface.
- After filling your IP in address bar, you will be able to see 2 text fields where you can enter a username and a password.
- Using default username and password, the default username for your D-Link DAP-1320 is “admin” and the default password is “blank”.
- Enter default username & password, press “Enter” key after that you should see the control panel of your router.
After successfully login D-Link extender DAP 1320, you need to set up your extender.
- Once you are logged in, the setup wizard will appear on your screen
- It will check the available network connections; from the list choose your network name.
You can also change your SSID with the help of the setup wizard, you are able to change the default settings such as SSID, password, perform D-Link dap 1320 firmware update process etc.
Now, come to the process of changing Password.
While accessing D-Link extender admin page suddenly your D-Link Extender Stopped Working then, click on ” “My D-Link Extender is not Working“ read the whole guide and get the solution.
Change your Wi-Fi Password on D-Link DAP 1320 Extender
Do the below steps to change your Wi-Fi password on D-Link Extender.
Steps are as follows:
- First, open an Internet Browser on your device which is currently connected to your network.
- Second, enter the default address of the D-Link router into the address bar to open the admin page and the default IP address is 192.168.0.50.
- 2 text boxes appear on your screen, enter the user Name as “admin” & the Password as “Password” in the corresponding text fields and try to login D-Link extender.
- Next, select the “Wireless” tab that is present at the top of the page.
- After that, navigate to the Wireless Security Mode.
- You have to enable the WPA 2 option in the “Wireless Security mode” for a secured network.
- Further, click on the “Pass Phrase field” and start typing your new password.
- Last, Re-enter your new password in the Confirm Pass Phrase field and click on the Save Settings to save changes.
When you are successfully changed your Wi-Fi username and password then, moves to process of Update firmware.
Note: if you are trying to update firmware but you can’t do it by internet connection issue on D-Link extender. Read guide on Wi-Fi SSID Not Showing up on D-Link Extender and resolve your issue by following the guideline.
Process to update Firmware of D-Link DAP1320 Extender
Most of the router firmware upgrades to revert all settings back to their factory default settings.
In case, if same thing happen in 1320 extender, you might need to re-upgrade the firmware. Follow the steps to update the firmware;
- First you need to download the latest firmware from the official website.
- After that, log into your DAP-1320.
- Now, select the ‘firmware update’ option and it will start updating the firmware.
In any case, that your D-Link extender is not working still properly then without thinking twice , you need to reset your device.
Reset D-Link Extender
Steps are as follows to reset D-Link extender:
- Make sure, your D-Link extender DAP 1320 is powered on.
- Now, turn back your extender and find out the RESET button on the bottom.
- Next, use the paper clip or similar object, press and hold down the RESET button for at least 10 seconds.
Make sure, by following above steps, your D-Link extender will begin to reboot and will perform a full factory reset.
Most probably, by doing these steps you can easily Set-up and login D-Link extender DAP 1320.